Ahhh Snickers; who doesn't love them? No, seriously. It doesn't get better than chocolate, caramel, nuts & nougat together as one cozy litte family. But oh boy, this bar is far from healthy and even further away from being vegan.
With this recipe you'll be making your very own Snickers with beautiful ingredients like dates and pure cacao powder; no nasties like the store-bought candybar.
Warning: These bars won't last long in your fridge as you'll probably finish them the day you made them. Just saying.
- 4 tbsps all natural peanut or almond butter
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- ½ tbsp coconut flour
- 15 pre-soaked dates (soak the dates for at least 1-2 hours in almost-boiling water)
- 3 tbsps water
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tbsp melted coconut oil
- Little handful unsalted peanuts
- 3 tbsps melted coconut oil
- 6 tbsps unsweetened cacao
- 1-2 tbsps maple syrup
- Start by mixing all nougat ingredients by hand in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Now transfer the nougat to a by by parchment paper lined tray and press down and even out this layer. It should be about half an inch thick.
- Place the nougat in the freezer to set.
- For the caramel layer, combine the dates, salt and coconut oil in a food processor. Blend until you have a smooth consistency. If needed, add extra water or extra dates until you have a thick but smooth texture. You will probably have a little bet of left over caramel.
- Spread the caramel on top of the nougat layer and top off with peanuts while pressing them down slightly.
- Freeze for another 30 minutes.
- Simply combine all the chocolate ingredients to make the chocolate topping.
- Cut the date and nougat layered creation in bars and coat each bar in chocolate and then pop the bars in the freezer for another hour or so. Allow them to defrost a bit before serving.
I really hope you enjoyed this recipe. Would you like to see any other candybar vegan- and healthified? :-) Be sure to let me know in the comments down below!