Creamy Butternut Squash soup
Anything with Butternut Squash (or any other pumpkin for that matter) always seemed like a typical fall-dish for me. But I seriously have this soup all year round. It's really easy, full of taste and vitamins and leaves me feeling really full (which I can't say for all soups).
The only part I despise of making this soup, is chopping up the pumpkin. Such a pain! So be sure to make this soup when you're not in too much of a hurry!
1 medium sized butternut squash
2 medium sized white potatoes
1 liter vegetarian broth
3 tbsp coconut oil
1 medium sized onion
2 garlic cloves
Ground black pepper
(Celtic sea) Salt
- Start off by pre-heating your oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- Cut up the butternut squash in cubes and transfer the squash pieces to a bowl.
- Coat the squash with 2 tbsps of melted coconut oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Transfer the squash to an oven tray or by foil lined oven rack and place in the (pre-heated) oven for approx. 10-15 minutes.
- While your squash is in the oven, cut up your onions, garlic and potatoes.
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a large cooking pot and add the onion.
- When the onion is cooked, add the garlic, potatoes and squash. Allow these to simmer on medium heat for approx. 5 minutes.
- Now add your veggie broth and cook on low-medium heat for approx 40 minutes.
- Transfer your soup to a blender. Do this in 2-3 batches; you'll want to fill your blender halfway, blend the soup, transfer the blended soup to your pan and continue with the other batches, etc.
Enjoy guys! xo