Vanillia + Chocolate pancake stack
Sometimes you're just in a fancy mood. An I-want-a-dame-blanche-for-breakfast-kind of mood. That's exactly what I felt like on the morning that I made this stack of vanilla- and chocolate pancakes, topped with vanilla ice-cream, raspberries and a dark chocolate drizzle.
This is easier then it seems! I promise. You'll only have to remind yourself to split up the batter into two bowls and add cacao and a bit more milk to the chocolate-batter bowl; see the pictures below.
- 2 cups self raising flour
- 1 flax egg*
- 1¾ cup soy (or any other plant based) milk
- ⅓ tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsps cacao
*you can make 1 flax egg by combining 1 tbsp of ground flax seeds with 2 tbsps of warm water. set this mixture aside for 5-10 minutes.
- Mix all of your ingredients (except the cacao and vanilla) in one big mixing bowl.
- When your batter is clump-free and mixed, pour 1 cup in another mixing bowl; this will become your chocolate batter.
- Add your cacao to that bowl and add vanilla to the other bowl
- Place a non-stick pan on medium-low heat and pour approx. 3 tbsps onto the pan. As soon as the top starts to bubble up, flip it over and allow the other side to bake for another 2 minutes or so (see photos).
- Stack your pancakes as desired and feel free to them of with melted chocolate, some fruit and even some (vegan) ice-cream! Go crazy!
- Have fun digging in!