XL Banana Nut Muffin
One thing I can absolutely look forward to is visiting a cozy coffee shop and buying a huge muffin that's still warm on the inside and slightly crunchy on top. Taking a bite out of that muffin, while I sip on my soy latte. Pure. Indulgence.
By creating this muffin, I can enjoy this moment in the comfort of my own home and now you can too!
- ½ cup self raising flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 ripe banana
- 3 tbsps brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 flax egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsps raw pecans or walnuts for topping
- Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Take a large mixing bowl and mash the banana with a fork. It's okay to still have a few little chunks in there.
- Now add your sugar, baking powder, salt and whisk for one minute.
- Stir in flax egg, vanilla, coconut oil and stir.
- Add your flour and stir until just combined.
- Divide the batter evenly into your silicone XL muffin pan. Fill each muffin up for about ⅔.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes, remove from your muffin tin and serve.