3-step berry crêpes
Oui oui! That's basically as good as my French gets. But after making these super thin and delicious crepes, I felt like I just purchased a one-way ticket to France; in the comfort of my own home.
Okay, all cheesiness aside (did you say cheese?), these babies are freaking delicious.
I mean, ever the batter looks delicious. How?!
- 1 cup of whole wheat flour (sifted)
- ¼ tsp of baking powder
- 2 heaping tbsps of brown cane sugar
- Pinch of salt
- ½ tsp of vanilla powder
- lemon juice from half a lemon
- 1 cup of almond milk
Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until your batter has reached a smooth and lump free consistency.
- Place non-stick pan over a low-medium heat, and as soon as it’s hot, pour in a small amount of the batter, spread it with a tablespoon using circular motions, and cook the first side for about 30 seconds.
- Once the first side is cooked, flip the crepe over and gently press it all around the surface to achieve some extra colouring. You might find that 30 seconds is not enough or too much for your personal taste, so feel free to experiment with longer or shorter cooking times as you proceed with the cooking.
- Et voila! Enjoy!
Inspired by: The Vegan Corner