Homemade crispy peanutbutter & jelly granola
Aahhh.. peanutbutter & jelly; you either love it or you hate it. I personally have always loved this combo. Back when I was a little kid PB&J was my favourite kind of sandwich.
But now I'm a grown up (or attempting to be one :P), I personally don't really fancy sandwiches for breakfast. I prefer oatmeal or crunchy clustered granola.
Out of pure laziness I've been buying granola from the store, but this morning I remembered how much I prefer homemade granola. And it's so easy!
- 2 cups of all natural organic rolled oats
- ⅓ cup all natural peanut butter
- ⅓ maple syrup
- pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 2 tsps (or more) of cinnamon
- 1-2 handfuls of raw nuts of choice (I used walnuts and pecans)
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees Celsius and line an oven tray with parchment paper.
- Simply mix all of your ingredients in a mixing bowl until all the oats are covered and coated in all the ingredients.
- Place the granola in the oven tray and make sure to spread out the granola evenly. The granola shouldn't be lying on top of each other, be sure to spread it out as much as possible. This will make the granola nice & crunchy.
- Pop your tray in the oven for approx. 30 minutes or until golden brown (and enjoy the heavenly scent that's coming from your oven in the meantime).
- Guys. I know this is hard. But please LET YOUR GRANOLA COOL OFF COMPLETELY as soon as you remove it from the oven! If you want your granola to be crunchy and especially if you want it to be clustered, please, let it cool off. Just try. :-)
- Store this masterpiece in an airtight container for about a week. But it'll probably won't last as long.