In the life I had before turning vegan 4 years ago, I used to absolutely love any chocolate candy bar that has anything crunchy in it, especially if it was combined with somewhat of a peanut butter taste. So you can imagine that I had a weak spot for Butterfingers. The creaminess of the peanut butter, that crunch and the soft chocolate... straight up heaven; but straight up hell for my body, haha.
I recreated this candybar and gave it my own twist by making them heart shaped and layered. And easy (I mean, "mytoddlercouldmakethis"-easy). And vegan. But most importantly: Not offensive to your intestines.
¼ cup melted coconut oil
4 tbsps (unsweetened) cacao powder
3 tbsps maple syrup
2 tbsps (unsweetened) corn flakes
1½ tbsps maple syrup
2 tbsps (natural & unsweetened) peanut butter
1. Grab 2 small/medium sized bowls
2. Simply combined the chocolate ingredients in one bowl and mix all the peanut butter ingredients in the other bowl.
3. Pour about half of the chocolate mixture in your mould and pop it in the freezer for approx. 10-15 minutes.
4. As soon as the the chocolate layer has hardened, create your peanut butter (/Butterfinger) layer by scooping the mixture on top of the chocolate and press it down with your fingers or a spoon until you have a nice & even layer.
5. Pop your mould in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes.
6. As soon as the second layer has hardened as well, pour the remaining chocolate mixture on top of the Butterfinger layer and pop it in the freezer for 20-25 minutes so you know the whole creation is nice & hard.
7. Consume your goodies after 5 minutes of removing them from your freezer. Can be stored in your fridge for approx. 5 days (but I bet you, they'll be gone by then).