Pecan & Pear cookies
What should we do without vegan cookies? I mean, I would probably go insane. I eat vegan cookies about 5 times a week and am not planning to quit anytime soon.
These cookies are soft because of the sweet pear but still crunchy because of the roasted pecans and walnuts on the outside; they were gone in 5 minutes (not kidding.. but probably because I only made a batch of 6 and my partner is my biggest fan haha).
By the way, starting today I'll be trying this new thing where I post a video with my recipes. Probably not for every single recipe, but chances are about 75% of my recipes will be accommodated by an instructional video. I hope you guys appreciate it and will find it even easier to make my vegan goodies this way.
- 1 cup oats (measure before blending
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp (pink Himalayan sea)salt
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 3 tbsps (hard) coconut oil
- 3 tbsps maple syrup
- 1 flex egg
- 1 sweet & ripe pear
- 1 handful of raw pecans/hazelnuts/nuts of choice
- Start off by preheating your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
- Make your oat flour by blending up your oats in a blender or food processor
- Transfer the oat flour to a mixing bowl and add the remaining dry ingredients (except the nuts) Now add your wet ingredients (except the pear)
- Cut up your pear in small cubes
- Transfer the pear to your mixing bowl and fold in
- Place your cookies on your (by parchment paper lined) oven tray by creating little dough balls with your hands
- Top the cookies off with the nuts and place in the preheated oven
- Allow to bake for 20-25 or until golden brown on top
- As soon as you remove the cookies from the oven, flip them upside down so the bottom part can harden up.
If you enjoyed this recipe & my video, be sure to leave me a comment on here or on YouTube so I can continue to provide you with more goodies :-) xoxo, Celina