Easy blueberry donuts AND muffins
It has been quite a while since writing a recipe this easy and multi-purpose! I used my muffin tin and donut tin for this recipe and the outcome was amazing. But hey, you can't really go wrong with blueberries in my opinion.
1 1/2 cups of self raising flour
2 tsps of cinnamon
2 tsps baking powder
1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup of soy (or other plant based) milk
1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
1-2 handfuls of fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Mix the milk and the vinegar in a small bowl and allow to curdle.
- Grab another (medium sized) mixing bowl and mix the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and sugar.
- Fold the blueberries in the flour mixture (by mixing your berries through the dry ingredients first, you'll be able to avoid them sinking all the way to the bottom of your muffins).
- Now fold in the milk/vinegar mixture through the flour mixture (IMPORTANT: Mix this batter by literally folding the batter slowly and stop mixing as soon as it's mixed but still a bit clumpy. Over-mixing will result in flat and dense muffins/donuts).
- For the muffins: Pour the batter in a silicone muffin pan.
- For the donuts: Grease the donut pan with a bit of coconut oil (they'll get a nice outside crisp)
- Pop your pan(s) in the oven for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow them to cool until they're just cooled off enough to touch and remove them from the pan to allow them to cool off fully on a cooling rack.
- Top off with icing if desired (simply mix water with powdered sugar).