Salted Caramel + Peanut butter truffles
- 1½ cup of packed and pitted medjool dates
- ½ tsp pink Himalayan sea salt
- ¼ cup natural (meaning the ones that you have to stir, that don't contain palm oil) peanut butter
- 1 cup of chopped up vegan chocolate
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- First off, make sure your medjool dates are fresh and soft/sticky. If they're a bit on the dry side, soak them in hot water for about 10 minutes. Make sure to drain them well before you place them in the food processor along with your salt.
- Start of by pulsing so the processor can chop them up. Then allow to food processor do to it's thing for about 5 minutes or until it has formed a big stick ball. If you're having trouble blending, feel free to add (the tiniest bit of) water, about 1 teaspoon at a time. But please be careful with the amount of added water, or you won't be able to form your date balls later.
- Scoop out little balls with a table spoon. Place them on a by parchment-lined baking sheet and freeze for about 20 minutes.
- Now drizzle about 1 teaspoon on each date ball and place them back in the freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate.
- Remove your little date/peanut butter balls from freezer and immerse them in chocolate using a fork or your fingers if you're feeling really messy. Lay the coated balls out on the parchment paper again.
- When they're all coated, pop them in a freezer for another 10 minutes.
- Feel free to top the truffles off with a bit more sea salt if desired.