Lemon cake with a pink glaze
This refreshing lemon cake isn't only perfect for Spring and Easter, but it's perfect for all year round. It's fluffy yet moist (sorry) and has a crunchy topping which has perfectly been topped off by a sour yet sweet pink glaze. Drooling yet?
275 grams of self-raising flour
1 tsp of baking powder
195 grams of (preferably organic) cane sugar
pinch of salt
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon
170 ml water
100 ml olive oil
pitaya powder of pink or red food colouring
1. preheat your oven to 180 degrees celius and line your cake pan with parchment paper.
2. now start off by mixing your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar and zest) in a bowl. mix until they're all nicely combined.
3. mix your wet ingredients (water, oil, lemon juice) in another bowl.
4. mix your dry with your wet ingredients, just until combined. beware not to overmix.
5. pour the mixture into your lined pan.
6. pop your pan in the oven for 30 minutes and/or until your knife or skewer comes out clean.
7. allow your cake to cool off before drizzling your glaze on top.
8. for the glaze you can simply mix all the glaze ingredients until you have a nice thick consistency (start off with a few drops of lemon juice, keep adding and mixing until you have the right consistency).
PS: This recipe was a tweaked version of the Little Blog of Vegan's recipe. <3