Chewy + crunchy chocolate chip cookies
When it comes to food; you just have a few all time classics that almost everyone loves with all their heart. Chocolate chip cookies are one of those.
These chocolate chip cookies were just the right amount of crunchy on the edges with just the right amount of soft/chewy goodness in the center. And they're super easy to make too! Bonus!
- ½ cup SOLID coconut oil
- 1¼ cups cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla powder
- ¼ cup (canned) coconut milk
- ¼ cup unsweetened (preferably organic) applesauce
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ a small bar of vegan dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- Place parchment paper on your baking sheet and set aside.
- Start off by mixing the solid coconut oil, sugar and vanilla by using an electric mixer. Mix until it's really well combined.
- Mix the other dry ingredients (except the chocolate) in a separate bowl.
- Now combine the wet and dry ingredients and fold in the chopped up chocolate bar. Add as much or little chocolate as desired, but be sure not to overdo it, or else you'll end up with a baking sheet with melted chocolate in stead of cookies. :-)
- Scoop about 2 tablespoons of dough onto your parchment paper and roll it into a nice ball.
- Place the dough balls on the lined sheet and make sure to leave a few inches between each cookies so they can spread out without sticking to each other (unless you want 1 giant cookie; which I would 100% understand).
- Bake the cookies for about 10 minutes or until the edges are golden and the center of the cookie isn't soft anymore.
- Allow the cookies to cool off for about 5 minutes on the baking sheet before you transfer them to your cooling rack.
- Enjoy! xo