Christmas Cranberry Bundt Cake
Guys, I am over the moon. Over the moon, I tell ya.
Believe it or not, this was my first time every baking a bundt cake, and it was safe to say that I was intimated as f*ck. BUT, a big BUT: I created this recipe out of the top of my head and it was an instant success! I am so extremely proud of myself, haha. It's not often that my whatever-i-will-just-give-this-a-shot-recipes are a succes the first time around.
I have to give my mom a quick shout-out for this succes though, because she warned me how sour and hard cranberries get when you bake them. So she advised me to cook them in sugar and water before throwing them in there. Best advice ever, haha.
Anyway, enough about the personal succes story.
Have you ever made a bundt cake before? If you had, what is your favourite bundt cake flavour/recipe? I can't wait to try this out more often, Christmas or no Christmas.
This guys right here is a perfect Christmas dessert, and looks super luxurious and cute as part of the Christmas dinner table.
2 cups self rising flour
1 cup of sugar of choice (I used fine cane sugar this time)
½ tbsp of cinnamon
Pinch of salt
1 handful of cranberries
3-4 tbsps of melted vegan margarine
4 heaping tbsps of of apple sauce
1 cup of plant based milk of choice (I used oat milk)
½ tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- Start off by preheating your oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Sift your flour into a large mixing bowl
- Add your sugar, cinnamon & salt to the bowl with sifted flour
- In a smaller mixing bowl, combine your melted vegan margarine, apple sauce, 'milk' and apple cider vinegar.
- Now add your cranberries to a small saucepan and place your pan on medium heat. Add half a cup of water and about half a cup of cane sugar (add more sugar if you're into really sweet cranberries.. I won't tell). Stir until the sugar has dissolved. Now allow the cranberries to soften up. Remove from heat when they're soft enough to your liking.
- Now transfer the wet ingredient mixture into the big bowl with dry ingredients.
- Mix until everything is properly incorporated, but make sure not to overmix! A few tiny clumps are fine.
- Take your silicone bundt cake form and throw half of your sweet cranberries in there.
- Now pour your beautiful batter in there and finish off by adding the other half of your cranberries.
- Transfer your bundt-cake-to-be to your preheated oven and allow to bake for 30-45 minutes (depending on the strength of your oven) or until golden brown.
- Enjoy! xo