Peanutbutter & chocolate cheesecake
I don't know about you, but I've been obsessed with the Peanut butter-Chocolate-combination since I was able to chew my food. My mom even made me peanut butter sandwiches with chocolate sprinkles (that's probably why I stil love this combo, 29 years later)!
Now, there's this other dessert that I can't seem to get enough of either. And that's cheesecake. So I just miraculously thought: Why not combine the two? And so I did. So here's the recipe. Hope you'll enjoy it!
½ cup oats
½ raw unsalted mixed nuts
1 cup soft dates
2 cups raw unsalted cashew nuts
¼ cup melted coconut oil
1½ cups soft dates
1/4 cup maple syrup li
1 tsp vanilla powder
Water, if needed
3 tablespoons melted vegan chocolate (or more if you want to)
3 tbsp natural unsalted peanut butter (the one where the ingredient list is just peanuts)
1 tbsp maple syrup
pinch of salt
1. Combine all of your ingredients in a food processor and blend until the mixture sticks together when you press it down.
2. Press down the crust in a spring form pan and allow to set in your fridge. Now on to the fun part:
1. Blend all ingredients in your food processor until you have a really really smooth consistency. Add a tiny bit of water or maple syrup if you're having trouble with blending. But please be careful, just add the tiniest little drop as you go.
2. Remove your crust/spring form pan from the fridge and pour your beautiful cheesecake on top of it.
3. Allow your cheesecake-to-be to set in the freezer overnight (I know, I'm sorry).
4. Take the cheesecake out the morning after and drizzle your peanut butter-'caramel' (= the peanut butter + maple syrup + salt) and melted chocolate on top of it.